1/2LB Side striped Shrimp
2 tbsp honey
1/2-1 tsp soya sauce
2 cloves garlic or chopped garlic scapes
parsley or cilantro for garnish
This cooks quickly so get all ingredients ready prior to turning on pan.
- Heat butter in a non stick pan over medium-high heat. The butter will melt, and now the flavor begins as the butter foams then changes in color to golden brown and has a nutty fragrance.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds before adding honey, squish of the 1/2 lemon and soya sauce. This should all come back to a simmer quickly. The smell of garlic should have your tastes buds ready to feast.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat in sauce. This cooks quickly. Don’t walk away. 30-45 sec and you are done! Turn shrimp to cook evenly and you are done. Shrimp will curl into the shape of the letter C.
- Onto the plate and Yummy!
- Remember the residual heat will keep cooking the shrimp so eat right away. Side Stripe shrimp go soft when overcooked, don’t let that happen to your tasty meal.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro. Eat as appetizer or as a meal with steamed veggies, rice or quinoa.